06 May 2008

The Countertraffickers: Rescuing the victims of the global sex trade, by William Finnegan, The New Yorker

A well-written and researched article about human trafficking from Moldova. While it discusses the situation directly as it pertains to that nation, there are a variety of themes that run through the different forms of human trafficking that are presented. It is a long, but comprehensive article about human trafficking that would be helpful for someone new to the issue and looking to learn more.

read more | digg story

1 comment:

carlblogger said...

Thanks for the post about this article. My sister-in-law told me about the write up in The New Yorker, and I found your blog when I googled for blogs about it. I'm referencing the article in my blog and I'm going to mention yours too.

I'll put my blog here FYI, but only so you can find it if you want. Feel free to edit it out of the comment if it seems like cheesy blog promotion. :-) humantrafficking.wordpress.com

I saw your other links to IJM, the TIP Report, and other common interests. Thanks for spreading the info!